Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WTF it's March

Excuse my bluntness, but the aptly title blog post today, addresses my ongoing issue and my apparent ineptness with dealing - if I let myself go all rangy on me, I could say "by now you might have done some good!" When I signed off on the last post you will see that I basically said "to heck with it." It's not that I don't have time to write a blog post! Just search me out and you will find a plethora of words  aplenty in other areas. The publishing business has been extremely busy and rewarding; my job is still a feature of my everyday and I make it there most days; and although you cannot possibly ignore your health situation as you go about your normal day, it is easy to say "I am not going to fret over it either" because frustration leads to failure, at least for me. Since my last post, I have been to the doctor several times and tests show great work on the cholesterol levels - they are down and working with the help of prescription and making some not-so intrusive changes to diet. My blood pressure, however - well, that's another story, being up enough to garner a second prescription. The back is still an issue and my knees continue to bother me. I think the doctors don't take that as serious because they think that if I lose the weight I will not have these problems. It wouldn't hurt to try, I guess, but the conundrum ends up confused with the vicious cycle of pain... I don't cuz it hurts, it hurts so I can't... 
Excuses. But valid from my perspective with all that I do - if I put myself out of commission totally there will be more than just health issues. I take it easy. I rest when necessary and I don't do what I can't do. With spring in the air again, I really, really want to look and feel better. I am cutting down again and hoping that energy can push me to do more = more activity = pain management = a slow push the other way > for the good. 
Here's to spring and here's to trying. Again. Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment