Friday, December 31, 2010

Back Again...

Dear Diet Blog readers:

There is an obvious omission of posts from November and a significant lack of content for the surrounding months of October and December. It is not that I am any less concerned with my own health and "just doing it" means that a constant vigil is in order to improve one's lot. The lack of posts has even less to do with perhaps success in my quest to "diet and lose weight" although things look better, off and on... (unless we are referring to clothes, then, there may be some debate)

With recent concerns for others and all that has happened and continues to happen around me, I realize the increased necessity to be more focused and vigilant for my own health and well-being. It will be with renewed vigor that I attempt to tackle this challenge "again" all the while knowing it was ongoing no matter the commotion around me. Life happens and it must be with companionship that we partner our challenges, our choices, our changes, and our chances - all work in combination to provide the best way to live and live healthy.

A doctor's appointment in early December, although with the primary intent to renew my ongoing prescription of Crestor, revealed good news in that I lost another 4lbs. and reduced my cholesterol levels to acceptable by my doctor's levels. With use of the pill, I was able to lower my bad levels below the 2.0 to 1.7... good job - the doc was happy. On the flip side, my blood pressure was elevated but will be monitored as it might have been the bi-product of recent stressful situations and now family history will play an even more important part in monitoring my own health.

Over the Christmas season, which to me is sometimes an over-rated excuse to eat at random and with abandon - okay, it's my excuse, considering all the work lunches and functions and beyond - I more than likely, or if truly honest, definitely - gained back the 4lbs. recently recorded as lost. I would also be so boldly honest as to claim that a few more probably joined ranks and globbed on ... I am keeping my chin up (keeps the doubles from looking so bad) and remaining positive that this is only a minor set back, if I just look forward instead of behind... (no pun intended, hmmm)

On the eve of the New Year, it is time to look at those things that made a difference, reconnect with them and renew with determination the resolve to do what is necessary to gain (no pun intended again!) the upper hand in this battle. There will be no end to it and I win if I continue to address this challenge with the seriousness that it deserves. (Aside, of course, from the little punnings, jabs and jests, here and there) Will it tire me? Yes - but I have to realize that this is a story with no end and a journey that continues on... and I must just write my way along doing what I must do.

Happy New Year to everyone - although your challenges are your own, remember that everyone has them, in one form or another, and you are not alone in your efforts to better your life. Be safe and be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment