Monday, February 28, 2011

Feeble Update

When it comes to this blog - I don't know what to write anymore. Wow, that's a revelation for a writer but, in all honesty, I'm not sure I have anything of substance to add here right now that wouldn't be construed as mere whining. I hate the winter. I hate the snow. I hate the cold. I know. Hate is such a harsh word but to me it's not harsh enough when you take into consideration my feelings toward this season. It seems to get worse every year and I'm more than ready for spring to blossom in every way - then again, I'm apprehensive about that, too. Warm weather means less clothing and fewer layers of clothing and more chance to expose the body to display the winter weight gain. Geez! If I could hibernate and stay indoors constantly - no worries. I'd have then to only worry about fitting through the door on my eventual release into the world.

Nothing to report on this challenge. It's not really going well and I need a kick in the butt. My water consumption is down - too cold to drink water. Even salad is not comforting although it tastes so good. Snacks are up. I'm hoping the cholesterol is still down as I have been taking my necessary meds as well as keeping up with the calcium and Vitamin D supplements. As it slides into spring I will book some doctor's appointments for check-ups and retesting. Until then, I continue to agonize with an internal battle - I want to exercise but don't feel like it and I sure don't want to break anything. I want to eat better but cooking is a bother so grabbing something quick tends to bring out not the best choices.

I will make an effort. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. I know you want to make some progress health-wise and you will. In the meantime things are what they are and that's OK.
    AND it's OK to HATE what makes you unhappy. Maybe one day you will be able to move away from the cold, snow and winter......(On the Move Again....:))
    AND I'm sending you a BIG HUG...:)

    ReplyDelete