Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day One

So another attempt begins with its renewed desire, as it does each new day. Today, I started my diet pill and am now awaiting wondrous miracles to happen - NOT. So far I have had my newly found breakfast of 1/2 cup of Fiber1 with 1% milk and a handful of fresh strawberries and blueberries. Sounds like a great healthy start to the day. This glorious Saturday morning was one where I did not cater to the call of the alarm or the necessity of a meeting, but rather - slept until I decided I wanted to get up. (I did wake up at 7:30 am for a nature call then proceeded to resume my sleep, thinking 8:30 am would be perfect today - it was 9:30 am when I woke again.) It's no use me trying to sleep in any later because I pay for it with baggie eyes and a puffy face - wtf - I guess lying around pools your water levels in your face!

So, after the good breakfast, I moved on to the coffee with vanilla creamer. I am writing today and need my coffee companion. Vanilla creamer (it is a soy product) is the one thing I will not forgo no matter the challenge. I can drink black coffee but choose not to - it's allowed, right?

In the back of my mind I am thinking - it's time for lunch or something and I should make something to eat. The fact that I haven't yet is more because I am busy trying to get a lot of "write" stuff done, not because I am consciously refusing to eat. Perhaps a rope to tie me to my chair when applied with the consumption of the pill, will allow me some achievement in this new task. I remember to take my vitamin d3 and calcium everyday because I know it is going to make my life a lot better, why can't I remember that not eating will also contribute to that fact.

Okay, I am not going to starve myself, but rather, I am going to try to remember to not eat what's not good for me. Difference? Sometimes, I wonder. When you look in the fridge and all you see is green stuff (the healthy stuff not the moldy stuff - very little food is going bad around here) and that's not what you are craving, you almost scream "screw the labels - give me some damn ice cream."

Oh, yes, and being a house hermit is a good thing when these feelings hit - not having bad things in the fridge and not going out so therefore not having access to stores and food and stuff - is a good thing. Challenge on.

2 comments:

  1. A) YES! And again, YES, french van creamer is most definately allowed on any decent diet!

    B)Love, love, love the laugh I got from the line "...the healthy stuff, not the moldy stuff..."

    C)I think Dr. Phil calls it 'creating an environment for success'. That's the having nothing but healthy stuff in the house. One time, I saw his show and the topic was Bad Habits. This lady said there was no way on earth she could stop smoking. He stated that she most definately could. I proposed that if he dropped her, by helicopter, in the middle of the desert and left her there with adequate provision but NO smokes, she would stop smoking. lol This is probably a good plan as I've been around people trying to stop smoking and the middle of the desert is a safe place for them to be in relation to the rest of us. lol

    D) In relation to your attempt to NOT think of eating the 'bad' stuff, try thinking of eating the 'good' stuff instead. Every time you think of the 'bad' stuff, change your thinking and imagine yourself eating the 'good' stuff (and enjoying it, darn it all!) This goes to the way our brains opperate. It's really difficult to NOT think of/do something and, when trying to retrain ourselves, it is more beneficial to replace that thought/behavior with the thing we want to take the place of the undesired thought/behavior.

    Listen to me, sheesh! If only I would heed my own advise. Easy to give, hard to take.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I realized that my previous post says, "...I proposed..." when it should read, "...He proposed..." (meaning Dr. Phil). I should proofread before I 'Post Comment'. lol

    ReplyDelete