Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week Excuse

There are a million of them - excuses, that is. And I could run the gamut, listing woe and why I have not posted since the end of last week. In my defense, the last thing I remember, August was waning and a hint of Autumn was already hitting the air with a gale force. The sunshine today, brings us back to mellow warmth, but in the back of our minds, sit impending images of falling leaves, heavy sweaters, failing daylight, and scraping the dew encrusted windshields too early in the morning. We won't go further than that as I am sure everyone has a good mental image of what happens next; those seasonal memories do not die. Those things above are well received if only they remained the least of our worries and the calendar year slips closer to the last quarter.
With all this change, comes the need to remain focused on the diet and what is required to meet certain expectations of this challenge. Drink your water! I must post a note or strap that bottle to my hand in an effort to continue drinking the required amount each day. It's easy to get all wrapped up in the warmth of a morning cup of coffee or two, and because it's cooler out, thirst is not as prominent, I find, but the need to keep up the task is something that we must continue, all year round.
I started a new round of diet pills that are bumped up in dosage to 15mg... only on second one today as I wanted to start mid week in case the bouts of insomnia hit - at least, I would have reprieve with an approaching long weekend. So far, there is no significant incline in that direction but perhaps my body is used to the 10mg and the extra 5 doesn't concern it, in that way. I am hoping this helps and I remain optimistic, hoping for more successful results at my next 2 week check in.
In addition to that, I have started the cholesterol pills and will go for a blood test and recheck in 6 weeks. Making things routine, just takes a concentrated effort to create yourself a schedule and sticking to it. I have been able to keep my breakfast regime of a bowl of Fiber 1 with 1% milk and fruit (blueberries, bananas, or strawberries) every morning and was extremely pleased to be able to stock up when one of my favorite shopping spots had the cereal on sale this week. Bonus! More routine - packing a lunch - I have noticed I am not so ravenously hungry when I get home in the evening anymore. Sometimes the urge to "munch" still hits me but I am trying to convince myself that a) I don't really need anything, b) OK, but just a piece of cheese, or c) I might as well just have something little because it will nag me until I do... and if I don't have what the craving is (if it can be identified) then I will chomp through 56 other things, finally relenting on the first thing I shouldn't have to begin with... I am happy to report that the tendency is to go with b, but I have fought myself, lately, and am even able to offer up a few a's.
The most consuming obsession - writing, and now publishing - is actually helping me to keep busy enough to forgo filling the thoughts of filling my face. I will admit, here openly and honestly, that Cadbury's chocolate covered peanuts have fallen into my possession lately, twice, but I really am keeping my off-the-wagon indulgences to a minimum and I am feeling much better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment